Tuesday 9 February 2010

Dream

I've been having these great dreams lately. They're all lovely and full of sunshine and beautiful colours. Let's keep it that way, I say. It's also been a long time since I'd last been sleepwalking. I used to sleepwalk very often, and climb out of windows and stuff. A daredevil in the city of dreams.. It's something that has always interested me, dreams.

Oh and i'm going back to my favorite city in two weeks. PARIS! I cannot wait to go back and return to that lovely, lovely city, and see my lovely friends there aswell. It'll only be for 3 days, but well. Going back there for a couple of weeks in the summer with Julien! Which i'm looking forward to already. Spending time there in the sun, with my love and forget about the time.
I'm hoping to make alot of great photos when i'm back there. Such an inspirational place to be.

Also, I would like to introduce the photographer 'Stephan Vanfleteren' to you who read this. (Which i think aren't many, doesn't matter though.)
I've loved it ever since I saw him at 'De Wereld Draait Door'. He seems like such an interesting, intelligent person. His photographs are just amazing, very inspirational.
He shoots black and white portraits mostly. There's just so much depth in every single shot, I admire it alot.


This is just such a calm image. This person doesn't even have to open his eyes to show you his calmth.


Love this, though i can't put my finger on it. It's very mysterious and strange.


Funny snapshot. That's what i find important, too. I don't like people who take themselves, or their work, too seriously. Even if it's hidden humour.







Haha, this is too cute. I think that this is a little boy looking at his photos.


Love the depth in this. Literally.









I really think most people underestimate the art of photography. I think I do. This may sound stupidly pretentious, maybe it is. But in my opinion photography is looking, and interacting with the person you make photos of. People tend to get uncomfortable when there's a camera around. Why do you think I choose to be the photographer? Ha. To truly let someone see their soul, or a true emotion, that's real photography in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment